When will Americans begin to realize that communism still has a target on the back of our nation? The communist movement in America went underground for a few decades while they worked on executing the plans they had laid out in the ‘40’s, 50’s and 60’s. Now since the turn of the new century they have become bold as they more openly execute on the groundwork they laid over those quieter years.
As a few points of historical reference consider the following:
1959 - In a meeting between Agriculture Secretary Ezra Taft Benson and Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev: “At one point during Khrushchev’s visit, the Soviet Premier boasted to the Agriculture Secretary that Benson’s own grandchildren would live under Communism. Benson replied that he would do all in his power to assure that Khrushchev’s and all other grandchildren would live under freedom. According to Benson’s personal account, Khrushchev responded: “You Americans are so gullible. No, you won’t accept communism outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of socialism until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.”
Jan. 10, 1963 - At the urging of Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., who was a vocal and active opponent of communism, Rep. Albert Herlong of FL., with unanimous consent of the House of Representatives read into the record the “Current Communist Goals” for America as outlined in the Cleon Skousen book, “The Naked Communist”. Skousken put together this list as a FBI researcher monitoring communist activities in the U.S.
Read this frightening list below:
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS:
- U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
- U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
- Develop the illusion that total disarmament by the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
- Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
- Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
- Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
- Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
- Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushehev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free election under supervision of the U.N.
- Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
- Allow all soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
- Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
- Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
- Do away with all loyalty oaths.
- Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
- Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
- Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
- Get control of schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers, associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
- Gain control of all student newspapers.
- Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
- Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
- Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
- Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
- Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
- Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
- Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio and TV.
- Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity, as “normal, natural, healthy.”
- Infiltrate the churches and replace repealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
- Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principles of “separation of church and state.”
- Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
- Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
- Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
- Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture-education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
- Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
- Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
- Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
- Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
- Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
- Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand or treat.
- Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
- Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
- Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
- Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition: that students and special interest groups should rise up and use united force to solve economic, political or social problems.
- Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
- Internationalize the Panama Canal.
Many will debate whether this is an actual list of goals from the U.S. branch of the Communist Party or just the ravings of a former FBI researcher. At the time though, it had enough credence to be included in the Congressional Record. Either way it is a fascinating list that mirrors many of the events and changes to our society over the past 47 years. So is this real or merely a coincidence?
Today, many of the items on this list could be checked off. U.S. history has been rewritten and diluted. My teachers would recognize what passes for U.S. History today. The Constitution is under attack. Our President refers to it s a “charter of negative liberties”. Our children are being taught that socialism and social justice are cool new concepts. Hollywood and the entertainment industry represent the uber-left. They use their medium and fashion to send their messages. They do not understand the history of communism and who people like “Che” Guevara, Mao and Stalin really were. Political correctness has destroyed religion as part of the fabric of our country, leading to an erosion of morals. Prayer in school and the Pledge of Allegiance are no longer tolerated. God and Christmas are considered offensive. Corporations, capitalism and a free market economy are being “villianized” at every opportunity and being blamed for all of our problems. Let’s not forget the unions, the president seems to have a cozy relationship with all of them… SEIU, AFL-CIO, NEA and the UAW just to name a few. Also in the last week, President Obama met with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev and announced they have “succeeded in resetting” the relationship, even endorsing Russia’s entrance to the World Trade Organization. Still maybe, just maybe this is just an enormous coincidence, right?
At this point it would be difficult for a rational human being to not see the relationship between the current administration and the forces of socialism in America? This should lead to the conclusion that this administration and many of its’ key players are in fact agents of an attempt to “transform” the U.S. into what is now being solid a “socialist democracy”. It should be obvious in the people who are being selected for key government posts Van Jones, Anita Dunn, Mark Lloyd, Carol Browner, Cass Sunstein and Ron Bloom to name a few. These people are all either confessed socialists, communists, radicals or admirers of dictators.
Wake up America! Your freedoms, your liberties and your country’s sovereignty are hanging by thread. The infrastructure is being erected inside our government and soon their will be no turning back. We are on the path to socialism which usually results in communism. In communism, there has yet to be a happy ending.
Restore the Constitution, Reject Socialism! Let’s return to “American Values” before it is too late!
“If we lose Freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” – Ronald Reagan
Part 2: Communists at the Front Door