What is wrong with this picture? Our country is in deep and serious trouble; yet nobody seems to be able to figure out what to fight against first. The strategy is working! Move at the speed of light, create multiple diversions and confuse the public to the point they are paralyzed and “remake” America before they know what hit them. In his inaugural speech, President Obama did not talk about rebuilding America; he talked about “remaking America”. This is a subtle but important difference. To rebuild is to make repairs, to remake is to make anew or change. So is this splitting hairs or is this detecting a clue?
By the way, most Republicans are an equal part of this problem. The first bailout (T.A.R.P.) was done on their watch. The way this bill was slammed through and sub sequentially managed (I use that word loosely) was criminal.
So America, what is really going on here? Is this just a series of coincidences or is this the unfolding of a democratic agenda that is driving us to the doorstep of a “Socialist Nanny State” where big government decides what is best for all of us? Who benefits from such a plan and what would be a motivator for participants in a plan that destroys the “American Dream”?
Greed is always great motivator for political shenanigans and when you look closely at what is happening; it becomes very clear that there are people getting rich off of this “crisis”. Of course, there are also the “progressives” who have an altruistic agenda and the delusional belief that some form of socialism, Marxism or communism will provide a better life for all. These misguided people either do not understand the Constitution and the personal freedoms it protects or they do not care about our personal freedom. Our country was founded on the principle that we all have “certain inalienable rights’’ which are granted by a higher authority than the government.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with inherent and inalienable rights; that among these, are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; that to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed; that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.” –Declaration of Independence as originally written by Thomas Jefferson, 1776. ME 1:29, Papers 1:315
However, there is a problem in the politics of social reengineering – most of us do not want to be reengineered! We like our personal freedom, we like the ability to freely express ourselves and we like our opportunities to build personal wealth. This country was founded on hard work, moral behavior and a belief in a higher power. The founding fathers warned that if we lost these ideals that maintaining the Republic would be difficult.
“A general dissolution of the principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy…. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but once they lose their virtue, they will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader…. If virtue and knowledge are diffused among the people, they will never be enslaved. This will be their great security”. – Samuel Adams
Introducing the Spiders
So let’s talk about the spiders in our web and the many “coincidences” that led us here. Our spiders come in many forms. First we will focus on the financial variety – wolf spiders (Rhabidosa rabida); named after their need to fleece or eat sheep. These spiders have been involved in a series of “strange coincidences”; see below.
To start with the Economic Meltdown began with defaults in the sub prime mortgage market. These mortgages were tied to derivative trading on Wall Street and to hedge funds. Once the sub prime collapse began it quickly spread to Wall Street and the hedge funds triggering a domino effect in the financial markets. Another factor which affected the markets at the same time was a steep rise in gasoline prices which climbed to over $4/gallon. The rise was fueled by speculation by futures traders. This had a negative factor on several sectors of the economy from travel and tourism to car sales.
So who was a leader in derivatives trading and oil speculation? Goldman Sachs (our first spider and just look at the offspring)!
July 14th – Complete coincidence Goldman Sachs profits go up 65%.
– The Secretary of the Treasury during the Bush Administration is Henry Paulson. He is formerly the Chairman and CEO of Goldman Sachs.
– Secretary Paulson says we are in crisis and we must bailout financial institutes and banks to save the economy.
– But when Bear Stearns and Lehman Brothers are in trouble he decides they are not worth saving. Really, but Lehman Brothers is an American institution?
– Wait a minute who were Goldman Sachs biggest competitors? The answer = Lehman Brothers’ & Bear Stearns .
– The very next day Secretary Paulson and his team decides to save AIG because “they are too big fail”.
– So the former Goldman Sachs employee, Secretary of the Treasury, Paulson decides to bail out AIG. Who is one of the first companies that gets paid their outstanding receivables with the bailout money given to AIG? What a coincidence- Goldman Sachs.
– Next Treasury Secretary Paulson decides to appoint somebody to oversee TARP. Where does he go to hire for this position – are you catching on yet? You got it – Goldman Sachs V.P. Neil Kashkari.
– Goldman Sachs decides they want to become a bank holding company. So they call Henry Paulson, their former employee who is now Treasury Secretary and Neil Kashkari who oversees TARP to inform them; they want to be a bank holding company.
– It usually takes time to become a bank holding company but the two former employees from Goldman Sachs approve this quickly.
– So why would they want to be a bank holding company? It makes them eligible for both TARP and FDIC funds.
– Also there’s the SEC, the SEC doesn’t oversee bank holding companies. The Federal Reserve oversees bank holding companies. What town is Goldman Sachs from? New York.
– So who do you think will oversee Goldman Sachs? How about the Federal Reserve Chairman of New York, Stephen Friedman?
– Guess what – another coincidence! The Fed Chairman of NY is on the Board of Directors of Goldman Sachs! Unbelievable isn’t it, – the guy overseeing Goldman Sachs is on their Board of Directors. This might be against the law and for sure it is unethical.
– Not a problem! Henry Paulson is the Treasury Secretary. Secretary Paulson simply signs a waiver that says, “No worries! Friedman doesn’t have to get off the board. He doesn’t have to sell any of his stocks.”
– Not only does Friedman stay on the board, he buys 52,000 shares of additional stock. From then until today this made him three million dollars. With today’s announcement of a 65% profit increase, how much more money did he make? (a special thanks to Glenn Beck for helping all of us better understand the Goldman Sachs connection, when you hear this stuff you got to keep passing it along cause the mainstream media won’t!)
After the meltdown Goldman Sachs got out of derivatives and oil. They’ve learned their lesson and they are into something brand new. Now they are into Cap and Trade. Next to GE, Goldman Sachs is one of the biggest supporters of Cap and Trade. Goldman Sachs has invested in carbon-offset development and carbon permissions.
(CNN) Less than two weeks after the investment bank announced it would be laying off 10 percent of its staff, Goldman Sachs confirmed that it has taken a minority stake in Utah-based carbon offset project developer Blue Source LLC. . . . “Interest in the pre-compliance carbon market in the U.S. is growing rapidly,” said Leslie Biddle, Head of Commodity Sales at Goldman, “and we are excited to be able to offer our clients immediate access to a diverse selection of emission reductions to manage their carbon risk.”
It seems that any clear thinking American would look at this twisted tale and say, “What’s wrong with this picture? Why is the government meddling in private businesses and helping some survive while allowing others to fail?” They would also be asking about conflict of interest, how a brokerage house can be reclassified as a bank and why they are suddenly eligible for TARP plus FDIC funds when they aren’t even in trouble. Isn’t ANYONE paying attention? Doesn’t ANYONE care? Where is the outrage?
“All the perplexities, confusion and distress in America arise, not from defects in their Constitution or Confederation, not from want of honor or virtue, so much as from the downright ignorance of the nature of coin, credit and circulation”. – John Adams
That completes an overview of the first spider web. Keep in mind this is only a high level view my guess is it goes much deeper. However, this is a web and this is the way our entire government is being structured. This web began under President Bush. Next up is General Electric and CEO Jeffery Immelt, a true Obama backer.
For more Uncommon Sense, tune into my show on Blog Talk Radio, Sunday nights from 9:00 – 10:00 pm CT. go to: www.blogtalkradio.com and look for Uncommon Sense with Dave Johannes.