The Obama administration is a poor loser so as the losses begin to pile up watch for the administration to start to change strategy on how to achieve their goals. They are going to the bend rules in Congress, make back room deals and threaten those who don’t fall in line. When that doesn’t work they will use regulatory agencies, parliamentary tricks and executive orders to jam things through. They are running out of time and remember the Progressive motto: “The end justify the means.”
From the Saul Alinsky playbook: Rules for Radicals – In one chapter of his book, Alinsky discusses the question, “Does the end justify the means?” He suggests: the only question regarding the ethics of means and ends is, “Does this particular end justify this particular means?”
Alinsky’s rules of the ethics of means and ends:
- The judgment of the ethics of means is dependent upon the political position of those sitting in judgment.
- In war the end justifies almost any means.
- Judgment must be made in the context of the times in which the action occurred and not from any other chronological vantage point.
- Concern with ethics increases with the number of means available and vice versa.
- The less important the end to be desired, the more one can afford to engage in ethical evaluations of means.
- Generally, success or failure is a mighty determinant of ethics.
- The morality of a means depends upon whether the means is being employed at a time of imminent defeat or imminent victory.
- Any effective means is automatically judged by the opposition as being unethical.
- You do what you can with what you have and clothe it with moral garments.
- Goals must be phrased in general terms like “Liberty, Equality, Fraternity,” “Of the Common Welfare,” “Pursuit of Happiness,” or “Bread and Peace.”
With this as a back drop for their thinking, what can we expect as the clock winds down? Here are two examples:
- Cap & Trade has virtually no chance of passing the legislative hurdles to get it through Congress so:
- 04-17-09 RODALE NEWS, EMMAUS, PA—“The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency today announced that greenhouse gases contribute to air pollution that could endanger public health and welfare, a move that will likely set the stage to regulate harmful emissions, mainly carbon dioxide”. These regulations will require better fuel efficiency in vehicles as well as regulating large emitters, such as coal-fired power plants. On this one move the agenda will be built and executed – less cars, more mass transit, smart grids, compact fluorescent light bulbs, monitoring your home’s temperature and smart appliances. But wait there will be more – no more disposable coffee cups or bottled water, changing your diet to include less red meat or including more organic food because of their respective “carbon footprints”. The “Green Police” are coming!
- On Monday, Feb. 3rd, the administration signed off on final EPA rules to implement a huge expansion of the national bio-fuels mandate. An EPA announcement of the new rules is expected soon. The EPA is considering implementing “international indirect land use changes” when measuring ethanol’s carbon footprint. The phrase refers to the emissions from forest clearing to create cropland in other countries to compensate for increasing use of U.S. corn and soybeans for making fuels. This is important because current law demands that ethanol and other bio-fuels have lower “lifecycle” emissions than gasoline and diesel. The ethanol industry has fought the calculation based on the idea that there is no meaningful way to connect U.S. industry/agriculture to deforestation in places like Brazil or Indonesia. Even if you could, how do you hold either party accountable for the environmental impact of the other? This is also an attempt to tie us to international/U.N. laws which weakens our sovereignty.
- Gun Control:
- If you can’t legislate something you can always find another path, even for gun control. Remember how Obama put the financial institutions in a stranglehold after giving them bailout cash? Now they are controlling pay and bonuses of executives. So think guns – then think Cass Sunstein and his “Nudge Theory”. Who is the largest purchaser of guns? Federal, state and local governments! So what happens when the government decides to leverage this position with the gun manufacturers? This is already being discussed… more to come.
Don’t forget health care reform is not dead yet either. The President refuses to give up or start over so eventually we may see the Progressives invoke the “nuclear option” of reconciliation to shove it through. There are plenty of other examples but I think you get the point.
So here is what we are faced with – a desperate President whose agenda is being rejected at every turn, a Congress with no backbone and an administration that arrogantly believes it knows what is best for the country regardless of what its’ citizens want. This is a recipe for disaster. We must push back hard – there is no longer time for a “nudge”. Our liberty, freedom, economy and sovereignty hang in the balance. The Constitution is no longer the conscience of the government; it will not stop them because they do not respect it. Desperate politicians will do desperate things.
Make your voice heard. Pay attention to the little things. It is no longer just about the bills being voted on in Congress. It is also about the executive orders, the agency regulations and parliamentary tactics. Take nothing for granted. This is a game that requires our focus and our attention. Remember what the Progressives believe:
“You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it’s an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.” – Rahm Emanuel, Obama White House Chief of Staff
“The morality of a means depends upon whether the means is being employed at a time of imminent defeat or imminent victory.” – Saul Alinsky, Rules for Radicals
Defeat for many of the administrations agenda items is becoming more and more imminent so they will use what ever means necessary to win. No tactic is off limits.
These people are radicals who want to reengineer our society and our nation. Open your eyes America, the Constitution and the American way of life are under attack! You must fight back, the threat is real. The “Progressives” in our government want to “fundamentally transform America”. This transformation is underway. This not only can but is happening in America. Will you help stop it?
Restore the Republic, Reject the Agenda of the Progressive Left – An Evolving Communist State!
“Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition”. – Thomas Jefferson