In part 1 of this blog series I provided some historical context to the changes that we are witnessing to the American way of life and our government. What we are witnessing is an attempt to “fundamentally transform America” that has been decades in the making.
Part 1: The Communist Progress Report http://bit.ly/doJzqZ
Today, we have a President that does not respect the America that many of us are so proud of. Instead, he is ashamed of American exceptionalism as well as the traditions of patriotism, a representative republic, a free market economy and society based on a higher power, equal justice and natural law.
The President has built his administration on a foundation of revolutionaries, progressives, socialists, and communists dedicated to “fundamentally transforming America” now! Their agenda includes redistribution of wealth, central planning, a controlling federal government and a policy of “social justice” that takes from some to give to others.
In the process of this transformation – our rights, our liberties, our freedoms and the Constitution are being trampled. The President and his cohorts consider the Constitution to be a “charter of negative liberties” and an outdated document from which to govern.
His goals and ideas sound so harmless when he is selling in general terms… healthcare, education, home ownership and good jobs for all. But watch closely and listen carefully. The way to this Utopia is through government control, sacrifice and socialism. The administration panders to labor unions, community organizers and environmental activists to help drive their message, which is clear – We MUST legislate to create a just society, we must create social programs to level the playing field between rich, middle class, and the poor… We MUST raise taxes on those who are successful in order to raise the revenues needed to fund these programs.
Make no mistake – we are being herded down a path toward socialism but that may not be where the path ends. Socialism is often only a stage between democracy and communism. Socialism is idealistic and strives to benevolent. However, as freedoms are lost and people push back, socialism can quickly morph into communism. Unfortunately, history shows that communism is quite comfortable with oppression.
Below is a list of goals from Marx’s “The Communist Manifesto”. Compare it to the list of goals read into the Congressional Record by FL. Congressman Albert Herlong in 1963 (found in Part 1 of this series):
1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3. Abolition of all right of inheritance.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the state, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.
6. Centralization of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the state.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state; the bringing into cultivation of wastelands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
8. Equal liability of all to labor. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equable distribution of the population over the country.
10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children’s factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, etc., etc.
Now think about what has happened in the last 18 months to the banking system, the auto industry and the demonizing of “big business“ as a whole. Consider the various pieces of legislation which have already passed or are pending – healthcare reform, financial services reform, Cap & Trade, immigration reform to name a few. Also don’t forget the regulatory moves being quietly made on things such as “net neutrality”, greenhouse gas, federal land grabs, cyber security and international (U.N.) small arms treaty which is code for international gun control. Last but not least there are Obama’s Executive Orders which include the creation of the Council of Governors, creation of the Federal Debt Commission, creation of the Interagency Ocean Policy Task Force and the ones reversing things like bans on using federal funds to support international abortion programs or giving the U.S. government oversight of INTERPOL operations in the U.S.
And now we have Czars for everything. What are we Russia? A Pay Czar, an Energy Czar, a Climate Change Czar, a Manufacturing Czar, a FCC Diversity Czar, the list is long – over thirty and counting. These positions are not under Congressional control and report directly to the president. This is where many of the radicals are added – out of the reach of Congress and the need for Congressional approval. There they can safely work on policies and regulations to push forward the real agenda.
Of course, for good measure we have bail outs that lead to government takeovers. One way or the other the deck is stacked to advance the cause – which is socialism.
Do you know what else we have? We have self proclaimed progressives, socialists and communists working openly in our government. Worse yet, the entire movement has all but come out! We have members of Congress who are members of the Progressive Caucus which has worked openly with the Democratic Socialists of America. More and more those on the left are acknowledging they are progressives or socialists.
On May 31st, C-SPAN even covered the keynote speech by Sam Webb to the Communist Party USA. Mr. Webb gave a long, rambling speech in which he touched on several interseting and frightening topics:
- they (CP-USA) have worked with Obama’s organization to help with his election
- that while Obama isn’t doing everything they want it is still progress in the right direction
- that the Democrats represent the ground floor and that they must continue to work hard to support their reelections in 2010 so that conservatives do not gain ground back
- referred to this process as “an evolution”
- said they must continue to leverage social media and their relationships with other organizations such as MoveOn, La Raza, NOW, Organizing For America (BO’s group), the NAACP and the AFL-CIO to keep the pressure on to move the agenda forward
- praised recent student and labor protests – saying stay tuned and be ready to shift gears and become more radical… this led to round of “Yes, We Can!” chants
- said the public needed to be “nudged” so they could bend public policy
- made a call to support more militancy and civil disobedience
- stated they would continue to push for release of the Cuban 5
- referred to Tea Party members as a “conservative racist counter offensive”
- said the country needs a “new deal”
- we need to create “new public property”
- said “capitalism is incompatible with human aspirations, with a decent life and the future of the planet”
- Said the country needs “state owned or worker co-op owned businesses”, coordinated central planning and real ownership of social property
- businesses should be built for sustainability not growth and that we should adopt socialist patterns of production and consumption
- said there is a “new necessity for socialism”
For more information on this event and to see video of this speech, go to:
Again, this was on C-SPAN. I am all for freedom of speech but the Tea Party can’t get this kind of coverage – ask yourself – Why? Remember, Webb acknowledged his group’s efforts to support the White House (Organizing For America), the unions and all the other usual suspects. If they didn’t see common goals would they be supporting them?
Do you still believe that this can’t happen in America? Well, whether you believe it or not, it is! The only question left is – do you care enough to stop it? What will it take to get Americans to come out of their trances, to step back from their own lives and daily struggles long enough to realize what is happening to their country? I DO NOT believe that we have reach a point as a nation that we are ready to stop being America and start being some neutered, European version of our once proud nation!
As the 4th of July approaches, it is time to reflect on the true history of our country and all America has stood for around the world. Despite what the President might think – we are a good and great nation made up of people with moral fiber and character. We are not perfect and like all people we have made mistakes as a nation. From time to time we elect the wrong people to lead us and they make mistakes too. However, the record will show that we have been on the right side more times than not.
Those who want to take us down have waited a long time for their opportunity. For a time when America would be weak and divided. A time when America had lost its’ way. We are standing at the crossroads of history. It is time to decide – do we return to the principles, beliefs and values that made us great? Or do we allow political correctness, the flawed concept of “social justice” and a godless culture that lacks spirituality win? We are surrounded by a world in chaos. To save our nation, our way of life and traditions we must return to the values of our founders – belief in God and the principles of our Constitution.
Restore the Republic, Reject Communism Now!
“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction” – Ronald Reagan
“The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves” – George Washington
“Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.” – Winston Churchill
“If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen”- Samuel Adams
“If we lose Freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” – Ronald Reagan
My other related posts on this subject:
Progressives paving a road to Socialism http://wp.me/pv8jP-lb
2010 The dawning of Socialism in America http://wp.me/pv8jP-h8
What is a Progressive? http://wp.me/pv8jP-hJ
How Progressives Describe the Right http://wp.me/pv8jP-hP
Scary Progressives/Socialists: In Their Own Words http://wp.me/pv8jP-hW
Make Mine Freedom http://wp.me/pv8jP-bQ