I am a Reagan conservative with Libertarian leanings. I have always exercised my voting rights. However the last couple of years have caused me to go from being a voter to becoming politically active. According to the mainstream news I am both a mob member and a teaparty supporter. Bottom line: I care about my country, its’ sovereignty, our freedom, our liberty and the principles of the Constitution as well as the Bill of Rights.
I blog because I am concerned about the direction our country and the world in general is headed. My goal is to provide my readers a deeper view of the news. We need to be better informed and more engaged with our government. It is our civic responsibility.
Please feel free to leave comments on my posts. I look forward to seeing them, positive or negative.
I think we all need to take a hard look at who is in the white house and what he is doing to this country. His first 100 days will take at least 4 years to repair. He has no clue what he is doing and has a private agenda that is down right scary
Can you say “one world”? Our country is on a crash ride straight to the permanent loss of all the freedoms we now take for granted. But how many people have the time (making a living) to realize this?? Not enough, which is what the administration is counting on!!
We need to take back our country and quick Now Obama is fixing to tell peoplewhat kind of vehicles we can drive….. no pick up trucks !!!!!! in Texas has he lost his mind we need our trucks in Texas thats how we make our living
Thanks for setting up a blog for the locals, I have done the same.
Please visit TPN and start a group there also!
We have a great core of people, and we are all building our local groups either on site, off site or both!
I thinkyour blog is great, I read it every time you update it. I think the Joe the plumber and all wee wee’d up videos just cheapens the message you are trying to get out. You are speaking to the right people and giving the right information -don’t lose us by using junior high school tactics.
Sorry, I guess sometimes things get so intense I feel the need to lighten things up a little but I see your point. Thanks for the feedback
Good job !
dave, just thought i’d let you know that i believe anyone being threatened by acorn is a patriot! keep your head down.
Thank you for helping the American people.
We don’t want the change Obama is putting on us.
I am considered a demostic terriorist, radical, teabagger! Anyone who stands up to this administration is labeled! We are going to stand up until we defeat them!
I like your blog and I like your banner. I would like to use it on my site if you don’t mind. I will be glad to, In fact I am going to put a link to your site on my site at my next update. Please check out my latest blog An open letter to the Tea Party Movement http://tinyurl.com/yeuwmru I think you will agree with my suggestions.
Do you even know what “teabagger” means? And you can’t change the definition because it meant a gross sexual act before you made it a political movement.
By the way, every time I ask an Obamahater what exactly he has done to destroy America, they can never really give me a good answer…other than the fact a black man is in the White House.
And I’m a WASP Republican.
Yes, I understand one of the connations of the term “teabagger” has a dirty connotation the same as the term “mob” is often associated with a crime family. I was merely using the term as a tongue in cheek reference to the way our political movement was being described by the media at the time I set up my blog. In response to your need for sensitivity I have updated the page to read “teaparty supporter”. Keep in mind that the media and the left decided to nickname us “teabaggers”.
I do not care what color the man or woman in the oval office is. However I care deeply what his policies and agenda are. So here is a short list of policies that I believe are destroying America – and just to be clear the Republicans post Reagan have all helped this agenda along.
1. Out of control government spending including TARP, the Stimulus Bill and the 2009 Omnibus spending bill.
2. The government takeover of 2/3 of the US auto industry.
3. The government takeover of banks and financial institutions. Both 2 & 3 are nationalizing of private industry – not an American value.
4. The repositioning of America’s role in the world and the UN, which weakness us internationally.
5. The planned government takeover of health care.
6. The Cap & Trade legislation in response to mythical global warming which only kills more jobs and further damages the economy.
7. The uses of Czars and regulation to further their “Socialist Agenda” as a way around Congress (example: recent EPA ruling on greenhouse gases)
8. The proposed overhaul of the tax system aimed at penalizing those that produce so that those who do not can have more.
9. Other bad legislation/regulation on the horizon: The Clean Water Act, New Gun Control legislation, Card Check, FCC Diversity and Net Neutrality to name a few.
The President promised to “fundamentally transform America” and that is exactly what he is doing!
Hopefully that is specific enough for you and by the way your assumption that I am a hater because I disgree with Obama’s policies makes you bigot, not me.
1. Our bridges are crumbling and you don’t want to spend money to fix them. In fact, the Tea Party doesn’t want to spend money on anything but the military–even if it creates jobs.
2. You would have the U.S. auto industry fail, costing thousands of jobs? Who would you blame for that? And how would you get those people back into the workforce? Would you give them money to go back to school? Or is it kind of a, “Sorry, guys, you’re shit outta luck” situation?
3. If you let those large U.S. financial institutions fail, it would bring down the entire global financial system. My America believes in averting and responding to potential catastrophic disasters. By the way, by labeling certain values as “American” you do a great job of marginalizing those Americans who happen to disagree with you. It’s amazing how you can just strip away citizenship like that. I think you actually mean government involvement in saving our economy and banks is not a Tea Party value.
4. God forbid we try to cooperate with the world…especially after causing a worldwide recession and all.
5. I’m not excited about government involvement in health care, but insurance companies have had the past decade to control premiums and stop abusing consumer-hurting practices. I’ll try something new to fix the status quo–and at this point, anything the insurance industry offers is too little, too late.
6. If climate change is a hoax, how would you explain the measurable rise in sea levels? The ice is melting–there are satellite pictures to prove it. I don’t care who caused it or if it’s natural or not. If we want to preserve our lifestyle, we need to do something or our coastal cities will be submerged. It’s actually very inconvenient to get around in Venice–imagine that up and down the Eastern and Western seaboards. And who in their right mind is actually opposed to less pollution in general? You don’t like fresh air? I know nothing brightens my day more than breathing in coal fumes.
7. George W. Bush had as many “czars” as every president since FDR combined. And, they’re actually policy advisors–not czars–because they have no real power. They can advise; it’s up to the president to implement the suggestions if he likes the ideas. Speaking of the president, these policy advisors are accountable to him, and by default, Congress and the American people because the president–on a daily basis–is held accountable by those parties. There’s actually a ton of accountability. Look how easily Glenn Beck got rid of Anthony Jones.
On a side note, the EPA was created by Nixon to protect the environment after several major American waterways were so polluted that the would regularly catch fire. Can you even fathom that? Water catching fire. If there ever was a purpose of government, I think it should be to prevent our water from catching fire. Reagan gutted the EPA and it has just now begun to do its job again. The next time your in a national park enjoying nature, or out hunting thinking how pristine everything is, perhaps you should thank the EPA.
8. We have one of the lowest tax rates in the world. While I like low taxes, you can’t possibly think that we will get out of debt simply by cutting the budget. Do you remember the 90s? I don’t think many people were struggling to make ends meet. That’s what were talking about going back to–and that’s just for those who make over $250,000. Is that you? If it is, wouldn’t you want to contribute your share to fund our government so it can build bridges, fight wars, care for the elderly, etc.? If not, you must be a very cold person. We had a surplus before Bush was elected. He had the right idea cutting back taxes, but then we had to go get ourselves involved in two wars. You can’t fight two wars and fund a government on a reduced budget! That simply doesn’t make economic sense.
9. As for your concerns about Net Neutrality: the Internet was created as an entity separate from business ownership. If providers are worried that Net Neutrality will stifle their networks, perhaps they should be reinvesting more of their profits in network upgrades. Explain to me why I can’t use any device I want on any network so long as I pay what the network charges? And explain to me why SMS messaging costs as much a $0.20 per message when the marginal cost to the network is $0.00. ISPs and cellular networks have become a trust–and the government exists to break the trusts apart. Remember Teddy Roosevelt? He was a Republican.
Two things: First you’re confused about your choice of parties (Republican – WASP to use your words) because your positions do not even qualify as a moderate Republican so you should consider joining the Democrats. Second you seem like a frustrated blogger. Maybe you should go out on limb and write your own blog so we can all comment on it. In your first comment you challenged me to state my case about the President’s policies which I did. You also suggested that I didn’t know the meaning of “teabagger” which I explained to you why I used the term. Finally you suggested that I hated the that there was a black man in the White House which I have addressed. You also make several negative observations about the type of person you believe I am, I find this interesting as I think there are a lot of good people who I don’t agree with. You seem to be trying to make this personal. If you read a large cross section of my blogs you would find that they are policy based commentaries on my beliefs which I am entitled to – this is an opinion blog! You have a right to your opinion and to be wrong. You need to invest some time in research before you spout off. Your reply is full of half truths and misinformation. You clearly do not understand a free market economy works or how taxes effect the economy. Also I’m not sure where you get your news and information from but you might want to watch more than the mainstream media as you are being manipulated if you don’t watch all sides. To close rather than destroy your points one by one I’ll suggest you read more of what I have already posted and comment if you’d like but this is my blog so I will not be debating you in the comments section. If you would like to debate please leave your email in your next comment and I will contact you and we can use my blog page (and yours if you have one) to set up a virtual issues debate. Thanks for your thoughts
My name is Barbara O’ Brien and my blogging at The Mahablog, Crooks and Liars, AlterNet, and elsewhere on the progressive political and health blogophere has earned me the notoriety of being a panelist at the Yearly Kos Convention and a featured guest blogger at the Take Back America Conference in Washington, DC.
I’m contacting you because I found your site in a prominent political and health reform blog search and want to tell you about my newest blogging platform —the public concern of health care and its reform. Our shared concerns include health reform, public health, safe workplaces, and asbestos contamination.
To increase awareness on these important issues, my goal is to get a resource link on your site or even allow me to provide a guest posting. Please contact me back, I hope to hear from you soon. Drop by our site in the meantime—www.maacenter.org/blog.
Barbara O’ Brien
It sounds like we are cut from the same cloth. I have a tendency to classify myself in much the same way you have described yourself.
My focus is to help existing small business owners streamline their business systems and processes so they have the time and money to get involved or support those that have the same ideals.
It warms the heart to see so many doing what we are doing.
Keep up the good work and stay focused on the results you want.
What is your name so I can proper cite your articles?
thank don. 🙂 I am citing his positive law vs natural law article. thanks dave for good material
Hi all ..
Some of our blog templates ae “perfect” for a “home page” for a local Tea Party Group. We’ve got little groups out there that haven’t got a clue how to put “up” what we do sometimes twice a day without giving it a technical thought.
See my Adopt-A-Teaparty blog at: http://www.thepatriotsflag.com/2010/02/adopt-a-teaparty/
You an also view the “page” I made them at:
Right now, there is a group on Hilton Head Island that needs this kind of help. I’m trying to find other bloggers who could help in this way.
I’m linking to you on the posts so my folks can refer to your EXCELLENT posts … thank you.
I sent the Adopt-A-Teaparty to Tea Party Patriots, National … didn’t get much of a response. Guess its up to us.
The Patriot’s Flag
I was in the Philippines when i learned that the alien won the presidency. I care about my country also, its’ sovereignty, our freedom, our liberty and the principles of the Constitution as well as the Bill of Rights. Was no one listening to what Obama was saying. Am I the only one?
I am concerned about the direction our country is going. I knew how the world is headed. We need to be better informed and more engaged with our government. It is our civic responsibility, and to talk to others at the cash registers, at the Diner, at the stores to spread the message. We need to get rid of the bums in Congress. All of them so we can get this country back to what the founding fathers intended.
Just found your article from a friend and would
like to receive new post. Thanks
I love your work. I am aggregating to your piece on progressives and why to fear them. I’d really appreciate if you could check out our site and consider contributing with us. It is unpaid but you can use your preexisting blog entries and continue as they go. Email me for more info. Add us on facebook or myself on twitter for the url to the aggregation. http://www.twitter.com/torridoptimism
The original Tea partiers would have broke out the Tar and Feathers long ago. Keep on keeping on and inform the masses.
In Him, Joseph M.
Appreciate you getting the word out.
Great blog – keep up the good work !
– An average woman living in Massachusetts (I said average, not sane)
Thanks for your hard work staying on top of things. Shalom